Sunday 4 March 2012

Hi,

So I had a good week of walking this week.  I did a couple of miles Mon, Tues and wed at work and also 2 miles on Tuesday night.  I had a day off on Thursday and then did a 5 mile walk on Friday.  Saturday was a day off and then 3 miles this morning.  Fridays walk was good as I walked with my friend Jenny and my other half Scott.  Jenny also had her baby Nathan with her so I did a bit of pram pushing as well.  We left our house and walked slightly up hill to turn off to a walk way which takes you down to the local town, Musselburgh.  I actually found the incline fine and I was pushing the pram all the way up.  It was the last few metres where I needed to give the pram to Jenny to push.  So I was very happy with that.  I have been trying to concentrate and time when I get into second wind.  Its very easy to do on the running machine but outside I always forget to check.  I didn't need to stop or slow down on my outside walk but I can definately feel a difference when im "warmed up".  I feel instantly different.  We ad a bit of rain (of course its Scotland)  but all in all it was a pretty good walk.  Again today when I was walking on the running machine I didn't feel the need to slow down or stop to get in to second wind and was able to walk at about 5kmh before upping it to 6.2kmh and then was able to stay at that pace for 40 minutes.  As soon as I start walking and exercising again I instantly feel a lot better.  the only problem I have had this week is ive still got a bit of the sniffles and I inhaled a crumb the other morning and went into a pretty hardcore cough.  when I eventually managed to stop I had hurt both sides of my torso!!  Very annoying!  i was ok a couple of days later but was in a bit of pain at work trying to lift sacks of chocolate etc.  Ive heard other people say that they would get their ck checked if they had hurt themselves but I never do.  I have only ever had it checked once, which then started the investigations into what was going on.  What do other people usually do?  I have McArdle aches every week or every other week, nothing major usually but swellings and soreness but I never attend the Dr. Not sure if I should be??!!!

xxx
p.s if you want to follow me on twitter i am @jen_forrest.  I am going to try and tweet during walkind and also on the big walk itself!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen. Well done, great progress. Amazing about starting straight up hill. Your coughing episode is classic McArdle's. (I once was choking on something, my sides cramped up and I thought I would never be able to breathe again!) I'll put a reminder in Facebook and try to get a few more followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Jen! You are the best! I will be thinking of you every time I am out walking with my puppy! Hope the weather is good - always makes the walking a bit easier :o)
    I look forward to tracking your progress! I will follow you on twitter I am @reasontotweet
    Big Hugs from across the pond
    Stace
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen. I have been reading your posts. I also have McArdles and understand your ups and downs. I'm glad you had a good week. But I'm amazed at all you can do!!! You must be proud of yourself. I know I am not able to walk a mile without stopping! It's nice you have friends to support you and train with you. I'm sure it helps with the motivation. Keep it up! :) I will keep on reading.
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete