Wednesday 29 February 2012

Im finally back walking after having a pretty bad cold and just feeling terrible.  I did my usual 2 mile walk at lunch time on Monday and then again yesterday morning before meeting up with my friend Alison at night to do another 2 miles.  Its the first time we have walked together properly so trying to get the same rhythm going.  She is about 5"2 and I am 5"7 so there is a bit of a difference in our leg size!! 
I thought I would divert from McArdles tonight to tell you about Ali.  Ali and I have been friends for a long time, since high school so about 13-14 years.  A few years ago Ali decided to lose some weight, to be honest Ive never really noticed her size, obviously I knew she was a bit bigger but she was just Ali to me so I never really thought anything of it.  Anyway when she went to glasgow to uni she got a bit bigger and was at her biggest when she decided to make a change.  A couple of years later and she has lost 6 and a half stone!!!  Amazing.  I know this sounds really silly but to be honest I never noticed until we bumped into a school friends mum who didn't recognise her!!  In fact even my own dad who has known her a long time didn't recognise her.  Its not until I look back at photos of her that I see the difference she has always just been who she is.  So she has made this massive change in her life and looks amazing so its quite an achievement for her.  Whilst we have been asking for sponsorship ive been (slightly cheeky) and using my McArdles, I have been joking with her that she needs to say she is an ex fatty and should get an old pair of trousers and get into them in the classic Ive lost lots of weight pose then peoplpe will sponsor her more!!  Anyway I just thought I would share that with you as its going to be a big achievement for both of us to complete this walk.

We did fine on our walk, just need to learn not to talk so much!!

xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Very proud of you Jenbob - I hope loads of people are reading this and are being inspired by the huge amounts you are achieving! Lots of Love from your ex-fat friend, Ali xx

    ReplyDelete