Sunday 26 February 2012

Feeling mostly better after a week of stuffiness but still not 100%.  Had a couple of short walks this week which made me feel a lot better.  Thought I would do a longer 5-6 mile walk today, the weather is actually quite nice here for once! however I hurt my thigh kneeling down to talk to my niece so now have to rest it.  very frustrating.  Should be ok by tomorrow so need to get back to it. 
Walk the walk send you out a training programme to follow which if you follow should only take 3 months training in order to complete the walk.  Ive been following it to a certain degree but also listening to my own body.  As long as I get my stamina up I think I can complete it no bother. 
Thanks to Cheryl for the comment - 1 whole comment, come on people where is the support!!!  I probably have not said anything of interest so far to be fair but still!  Im just wondering if it is of any interest to people or helps or if there is something people want me to talk about.  I know I have not written to much about ho the actual walks are so maybe my next post should be about this.  Let me know folks.
Ok I also see I have forgotten to say that we are raising money for breast cancer, if you should feel inclined to sponsor me the link is www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/the_monkeys.  Its a great cause so if you can spare a couple of quid then great.  If not no problem just some encouraging words are good enough.

Thats it for now Scotland are beatign France in the rugby so off to flick between that and the football.  enjoy your Sunday everyone. xxx 

1 comment:

  1. Andrew Wakelin5 March 2012 at 12:17

    Was the hurt thigh McArdle's related or just one of those things? I was got a contracture from puting my foot up on the car bumper/fender to tie up one of my walking boots. It only takes a few seconds of awkward position or stretched (un-warned-up) muscle and I'm regretting it for 36 hours or more.

    ReplyDelete