Monday 26 March 2012

I have been walking but ive just not been blogging.  Ive not done another long walk as I have been pretty busy but I have been regularly walking 3 miles at lunch time.  Today was roasting hot, hard to believe about Scotland I know, but it was very hot.  Having had two big deliveries at work today all I wanted to do was sit in the sun for a while and then go back into an air conditioned kitchen!! 
As I have said before I work as a chocolatier which involves a lot of heavy lifting.  Today for example we had a chocolate delivery.  The chocolate comes in 20kg sacks and myself and Mary carry it off the pallet into the kitchen.  Today it would not fit through the door so it was left outside.  Not a good idea for chocolate so we really needed to get it into the kitchen. I know most people with McArdles will be quite worried about lifting that kind of weight.  I take my time and have a rest if I need to.  MAry and I always say we look like weight lifters when they are trying to carry a car or some other ridiculously heavy object down a runway or something!  I know some people would not agree with me lifting this weight but I have only ever hurt myself once and that was my own fault as the bag slipped and I tried to catch it instead of letting it drop.  I think it helps me to keep my upper body strength at a reasonable level as we mainly use our legs.  Anyway we went for a nice walk in the sunshine and were knackered by the end of it.  Im slightly relieved the walk is at night so atlest it wont be too warm.

I also went for a walk along the promenade at Portobello beach.  Its so nice to see the beach so busy.  I grew up and went to school in Portobello.  It used to be the ultimate beach destination and people used to come from all over to holiday there.  There were even a few outdoor swimming pools!!  So it was really nice to see it so busy.  Although the ice cream queue was so busy we never got one.

Im hoping to do a couple of longer walks this week.  My sister Kim is also doing the walk (she doesn't have McArdles) and she told me last night about her 9 mile walk so my competitive side has come out!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen, I was getting worried. Glad to see you back on the blog! Three miles every lunchtime is excellent - takes some doing. Pity we don't have any photos from your walks. Keep up the good work, and watch those sacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - we need photos! especially a sunny day at Portobello. Keep going , get those miles walked.

    ReplyDelete