Friday 6 April 2012

Hello all,

What a busy week it has been.  The gorgeous weather turned into snow!!  What the....  Scott (the ball and chain) forced me to go out for a walk on Thursday.  It was the last thing I wanted to do after work and in the cold weather but I went and he came with me.  The first part of our walk is on a steady incline.  I found this bit not too bad but as I reached the top where it flattens off I could feel the heart going and felt a bit dizzy.  I had the same feeling a week or so ago when I did a walk and had to stop at the shop for a sports drink and some wine gums.  This made me feel so much better.  Luckily I had taken some orange juice with me which helped but I see the real need to be eating properly.  Scott gave me a wee telling off so I have been told now and I am looking into the best foods for energy etc.  I eat fairly healthy and I know that I am going to need fuel especially on the longer walks but I have not really been following my own head.  I must make the effort to have an eating plan.  Its nine weeks until the walk and I am starting to feel pretty nervous.  I am becoming more aware that people have very kindly sponsored me so I dont want to let anyone or myself down.  Im planning to be doing atleast two long walks a week, hopefully 10-15 miles or more.  Its just very time consuming!!! 

Hope everyone has a good easter, I am so sick of the sight of easter bunnies/eggs etc etc we started to produce our easter stuff months ago, it really puts you off!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment