Sunday 8 April 2012

Happy Easter!!  I have just gotten back from a 13 mile walk! Very tired but feeling ok.  My muscles are tired but not McArdles sore so I dont feel too bad.  I walked out to a place called Longniddry and did a loop which brought me back running alongside Longniddry beach. The problem with this was that its a very fast bendy road and there is no pavement so I had to walk on a path just up from the beach which was bendy and hilly and had sand on it.  Sand is a very difficult surface to walk on at the best of times but when you have McArdles it is worse.  Yes I was in second wind as I had already done 6 or so miles but I could really feel the difference with the different muscles that I needed.  Luckily it was not very long and I was soon on the the concrete again.  I noticed the road surface really can make a difference and even if its just that the paths are not well maintained and there is loose gravel etc.  Going from a flat surface to a hill can be a bit tricky as well.  all is well though and I did enjoy myself.  I was struggling a little bit towards the last couple of miles but I got there!!  I will attach some pictures later.

xx

3 comments:

  1. 13 miles! Well done. Yes, I agree the surface is a major factor - sand, especially soft deep sand, makes it so much harder. Looking forward to some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandtastic! you must be feeling so good - do you have a marching song to keep you going? How about Howling for You by the Black Keys, look them up on you tube, its a good strong rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have just discovered your blog. You were one of the best walkers along with colin last year. Great going. Be careful you may lose weight and your wedding dress will have to be taken in. Very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete